To secure a challenging and rewarding position in communications that capitalizes on my broad anchoring, writing and reporting skills and demonstrated results.
Anchor & Reporter
WSBT-TV South Bend, Indiana
Sep 1994 to Present
Anchor & Reporter
Responsible for developing, delivering and anchoring the weekday newscasts at 5:00, 5:30, 10:00 and 11:00 PM. Role includes providing leadership in the selection and decision making process of the news stories and events to air. As the designated Health Reporter, time is dedicated to enhancing relationships with healthcare professionals to ensure local and regional experts are available to speak on diverse and complex health issues. Career has progressively grown with WSBT from General Assignment Reporter and Morning Anchor to Noon Anchor and now Evening Anchor.
• Initiated station interest in covering broader community events.
• Provided leadership and coverage on Sunday evenings.
• Empowered to make decisions about station resources when stories develop.
• Assisted in the review of station policies that increased productivity.
• Provided a voice of mindfulness and respect in selection of stories aired.
• Developed a partnership with schools to expose students to careers in news.
• Performance and ratings in 18 years have resulted in progressively more responsible assignments.
• Write and Post news stories online for South Bend Tribune and WSBT Web and Facebook pages
• Write and Voice hourly newscasts from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM for AM 960 WSBT.
5:00 PM and 10:00 PM Anchor, Reporter & Executive Producer
WJSU-TV 40 Anniston, AL.
Feb 1991 to Sep 1994
Assistant Assignment Editor, Producer and Talk Show Host
WAAY-TV Huntsville, AL
Feb 1990 to Feb 1991
Tennessee Radio Network Nashville, TN
Oct 1989 to Feb 1990
Overnight Announcer & Producer
WRMX - FM Radio Nashville, TN
Aug 1989 to Feb 1990
Morning Show Personality and Producer
WQQK - FM Radio Nashville, TN
Feb 1988 to Aug 1989
May 1988 to Aug 1989
Austin Peay State University
BA: Psychology (Major) Sociology (Minor) Clarksville, TN
• National Association of Black Journalists
• Society of Professional Journalists
• Voice for Retirement Plan on DVD for new employees at the University of Notre Dame
• Mentor for South Bend Community School Corporation
• Mentor for Aspiring Journalists at Area Colleges
• Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
• Panelist at Community Diversity Conference at the University of Notre Dame
• Moderator and Judge for Charitable and Academic Events
• United Way
• YWCA of St. Joseph County
• American Heart Association
• Associated Press - Best Specialized Report
• Associated Press - Best Coverage of a Planned Event
• Associated Press - Best Regularly Scheduled Newscast
• Associated Press - Best Feature Reporter
• Oprah Winfrey - Two Exclusive Interviews in Chicago
• Dr. Phil - Interviews at his home in Dallas and Los Angeles Studio
• Only Local Journalist Selected to fly to Washington D.C. to cover Memorial Hospital's National
• Only Local Journalist Selected to travel to Dallas, TX with Biomet in Warsaw to cover surgery for
Conjoined Egyptian Twins
• Available upon request
copyright TALENTapes, Inc 2010