Anchor/Reporter, WVTM-TV, Birmingham, Alabama
July 2005-July 2010
• 5p.m., 6p.m., & 10p.m. weekday news anchor, 2007-2010, brought extensive television
experience and writing skills to daily newscast.
• Wrote and produced weekly segment, To Catch a Predator, a key source for helping officials
capture wanted sex offenders.
• Investigative reporter, wrote, produced, and researched in-depth stories on controversial issues
• Morning and noon anchor, 2005-2007, added dynamic personality and tremendous adlibbing and
interviewing skills to each show.
Freelance Commercial Talent, Mills James Productions, Ohio
• Primary actor in 60-second commercial spot for Leader Drug, showcased acting abilities, ease in
front of the camera, and skill at taking direction.
Freelance Journalist, First Tuesday Productions, Dallas, Texas
• Host, solo anchored daily interview program for the National Urban League Conference.
• Generated thought provoking questions and produced daily interview segments for a minimum of ten
Anchor/Reporter, WPXI-TV, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
May 2001-November 2003
• 11p.m. weekday news anchor of #1-rated show. As Managing Editor contributed to key decisions
regarding story selection and placement within show.
• General assignment reporter, wrote, produced and delivered creative live shots for early shows.
• Host of Impact, a highly rated community affairs program. Served as primary writer and interviewer,
also utilized extensive community contacts to book important guests on the show.
Co-host/Anchor, WFAA-TV, Dallas, Texas
• Co-host Good Morning Texas, the #1-rated local entertainment morning show. Wrote creative
promotional spots, credited with driving more viewers to the show.
• Interviewed newsmakers and popular entertainers like, Jamie Foxx, Charleston Heston, Leann
Rimes, and Dr. Phil.
• Morning and noon Anchor, 1997-October 1999, co-anchor of #1-rated shows responsible for
writing and editing all news copy for 2-hour morning show and 1-hour midday show.
• Host of Family First Town Meetings, popular community events, where management utilized my
witty personality to entertain crowd, interview panel guests and keep the conversation flowing during
a live 1-hour broadcast.
• Feature reporter specializing in long-term assignments on current issues.
Anchor/Reporter, WTAE-TV, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
• Weekend morning news anchor, solo anchored, helped produce and write 2-hour show.
• General assignment reporter specializing in hard, feature, live, and election news coverage.
The Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism, minor in Women’s Studies, 1990.
Sheridan Broadcasting Network Award, best television reporter, 2001.
Heartland Regional Emmy Award, best interview show, 2000.
Miss Penn State, 1986.
Miss Pennsylvania Pageant, second runner-up, 1986.
copyright TALENTapes, Inc 2010