A top rated Emmy award winning evening anchor with a warm and enthusiastic presence at
the anchor desk. Skilled in special investigative and series work with extensive background writing
and producing for newscasts. A proven newsroom leader who has distinguished herself by being
involved in the community.
Freelance Voiceover/Commercial Artist: (2006-Present)
CEO/ The Stray Foundation, a California Non-Profit Organization (2004-Present)
· Created and maintain website, www.straybusters.org
· Trapped, spayed/neutered, socialized and found homes for more than 100 feral cats.
· Responsible for all aspects of PR, fundraising and operations for organization.
Main Anchor/Reporter, KPSP TV-CBS Palm Springs, CA (2002-2006)
· 5, 6 and 11pm anchor responsibilities included writing, editing and special projects,
including series pieces on the homeless. Series nominated for Emmy Award in 2004.
· Emmy award for Best Newscast in 2004. (Solo Anchor)
· Involved in many station appearances and community functions, including:
- Moderator for 2005 Indian Wells Speaker series honoring Tommy Franks, the U.S.
General who led the 2004 attack in Afghanistan.
- Moderator for panel discussion between Gloria Allred, Amber Frey, Catherine
Crier and Anne Bird on the topic of Scott Peterson murder trial.
· Featured in Oct. 2005 Palm Springs Life magazine as a woman of distinction.
· Founded non-profit organization called The Stray Foundation in 2004.
Main Anchor WWTV- CBS Cadillac, MI (1996-2002)
Noon and 5:30 Anchor/Reporter, WWTV-CBS Cadillac, MI (1993-1996)
· Responsibilities include extensive award winning series work and reporting, specializing
in medical stories.
· Helped achieve and maintain consistent 40-50 share for number one rated 5, 6 and 11
pm Newscasts in the market.
· Extensive live field anchoring experience (Red Wings Training Camp/ National Cherry
· Responsible for live reporting and breaking news coverage
· Produced, edited video, and anchored Noon and 5:30 newscast
Weekend Anchor/Reporter, WFMZ TV Allentown, PA (1991-1993)
· Produced and edited 7 and 10 pm weekend newscasts
· Listened to scanners, made beat checks, and supervised weekend staff
· Reported 3 days per week on multiple platforms, with emphasis on high profile criminal
· Reported breaking news live from the scene
· Fill-in weekday anchor
· Duquesne University-Pittsburgh, PA
B.A. in Communications and Psychology/Journalism Minor
· Mark Twain Award for Excellence in Station Spot News (2005)
· Emmy Award for Best Newscast (Solo Anchor) (2004)
· First Place-Best Documentary /Series (Cosmetic Surgery) Michigan Assoc. of Broadcasters
· Best Newscast/ Co-Anchor/Michigan Assoc. of Broadcasters’ (1998,1999,2000)
· Cherryland Humane Society Award, Volunteer of the Year (2000)
· 1997 Frank N. Magid Associates Marion, IA
- Intense one-on-one course on all aspects of anchoring with talent coach
- Continuing in-studio critique sessions
· AP Newscenter, ENPS, Final Cut Pro, DVC Pro, BETA, Social Media/Facebook&Twitter
copyright TALENTapes, Inc 2010